December 23, 2010

holiday crafting at Anthropologie

5th Ave Anthropologie Windows

I was called into Anthropologie to help the visual team for two days in November, right before Thanksgiving. If I had an unlimited amount of money and no qualms about spending it on clothing, I'd probably buy all my clothes there- I love the attention to detail and the fabric choices. The store is on 5th Ave near Union Square. The first day I made tweed and felt pine cones for 8 hours! It was an amazing feeling to be hired to work with my hands. On the second day I went down to the SoHo store to work on the banner for the construction staging outside. I cut all the drop cloths to size and they were sewn together to the correct dimensions. We then stenciled the trees onto the cloth as well as the letters. I had to catch my flight to my Thanksgiving with my grandparents at this point, and when I walked by later to take photos, I saw that they had added the snow and crocheted garland.

5th Ave Anthropologie Banner

It was a great way to see how the store windows get created each season, and I'd love to help out again. If I had the patience and extra time, I'd also make some tweed pine cones for myself!

Anthropologie Tweed Pinecones!

Anthropologie Woolen Pinecones!

More photos of the windows and a closeup of the banner:

5th Ave Anthropologie Windows

5th Ave Anthropologie Banner

No comments: